- Version 1.3
- Download 593
- File Size 92,3 MB
- Create Date April 5, 2019
For ŠKODA fans, the Holy Grail of classic racecars is, arguably, the 130 RS. Dubbed “Porsche of the East” in its days, the sleek racecar was a legend in 1970s. It was successful not only in its home country of Czechoslovakia, but also on world and European rally circuits as well as in track racing.
About the mod
This mod is second mod created by our modding team. There are some Skoda 130 RS mods around but their quality is questionable. We wanted to do proper version of “the legend” because this car deserves to have decent mod for Assetto Corsa. As these cars were highly modified by their real owners, we decided to recreate factory version of it, with specs from A2 group homologation issued in year 1975.
To find decent 3D model of this kind of car is quite hard, but we were quite lucky to get our hands on 3D model created in 2011 for GT Legends sim by Bulgarian modder AHTOAH. With his permission, we updated the 3D model in various areas. We tried to get the model to best possible fit with real car as possible. In the end, almost
70% of the model was remodeled or updated. The interior of the vehicle was vastly reworked and we added some small details which weren’t preset in Ahtoah’s version. As our modding team is evolving and improving its skills, we are trying to utilize all possible technologies and possibilities of Assetto Corsa for this mod, for example:
- fully animated suspension – moving arms, dampers, springs, steer rods
- fully animated shifting including skinned mesh on the gearbox lever rubber cover
- custom driver steering animation to fit the custom steering wheel
- visually damageable parts of the vehicle – front bumper, motorhood, rear hood
- fully modeled engine with animated pulleys
- working wiper animation
This mod includes some of the “Shader Patch” features:
- working turning lights
- working backward lights
- working Windshield FX/rain support
- working odometer on the dashboard
As our team still misses sound modder, we had to take advantage of sound from Ford Escort 1600 from Kunos, until we will find someone who will be able to create original sound for our mod.
Main people involved in this mod:
- Roman “Fuzo” Fusaty – project management, 3D modeling, file assembling, dash and lights settings, AI tuning
- Michal “Weron” Soltes – physics specialist, data analysis and testing
- Tomas “Lumptom” Hrouda – engine modeling
- RacingtechCZ –high quality real skinpack, feedback
- TheSourceOfTheNile – Nr. 65 skin, testing
How to setup and drive this car
Since this car is basically quite old cup car, the possibilities to set it up are quite restricted. This car is “rear wheel drive” car but with rear mounted engine, but thanks to the suspension geometry it is quite easy controllable and behaves neutrally, but still is very fun to drive. Thanks to quite big turning range of the front wheels you can catch the oversteer and control it with the throttle pedal. Watch for tire temperatures and don’t forget about heating up the brakes. But be careful with braking, this car doesn’t have ABS system and it’s quite easy to lock the brakes.
Big thanks to AHTOAH for 3D model and for the permission to use and modify it, big “Thanks” to Kunos for their Ford Escort 1600 sounds all people which encouraged us and helped with feedback and testing. Biggest thanks goes to RacingtechCZ for the encouragement and for showing us the way how to bring this “beauty” to life.
Please do not modify, convert, reupload to other websites or use any part of it (physics/3D/textures/sound) without our permission.
- Just extract "content" folder to your installation folder of Assetto Corsa. For example C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa
- Allow files to be updated/rewritten when asked.
Fixes and updates:
- reworked car LODs from scratch to significantly increase in-game performance
- added low res cockpit for better performance
- fixed dash and bonnet cam position
- reworked headlights to look a little better
- fixed front brake discs position
- optimized some exterior meshes and UVW mapping around the mod
- added possibility to add decals to rear side windows and rear window
- fixed double texture on center window when broken
- improved dirt and damage textures
- added possibility to make metallic paint on the car
- slightly improved blurred rim mesh and textures
- from this update the track version of 130 RS will be standalone mod!
- Fixed alpha blending and alpha testing on some transparent materials
- Fixed flipped mirror mapping in both versions
- fixed issues with auto-shift in both versions
- slightly increased paddle shifting timing in both versions
- fixed issues when forced TC/ABS on
- fixed suspension animation issues for both versions
- added ride height limit for track version
- fixed internal and external windows mapping
- fixed skinned mesh on gearbox lever on track version
- fixed gearbox lever animation issues on both versions
- fixes some minor issues with tyre config files
- improved interior mapping and added AO texture
- improved/optimized some textures across the whole mod
- initial public release of Skoda 130 RS