Skoda 130 RS 1.9April 5, 2019
- Version 1.9
- Download 3330
- File Size 61 MB
- Create Date April 5, 2019
For ŠKODA fans, the Holy Grail of classic racecars is, arguably, the 130 RS. Dubbed “Porsche of the East” in its days, the sleek racecar was a legend in 1970s. It was successful not only in its home country of Czechoslovakia, but also on world and European rally circuits as well as in track racing.
About the mod
This mod is second mod created by our modding team. There are some Skoda 130 RS mods around but their quality is questionable. We wanted to do proper version of “the legend” because this car deserves to have decent mod for Assetto Corsa. As these cars were highly modified by their real owners, we decided to recreate factory version of it, with specs from A2 group homologation issued in year 1975.
To find decent 3D model of this kind of car is quite hard, but we were quite lucky to get our hands on 3D model created in 2011 for GT Legends sim by Bulgarian modder AHTOAH. With his permission, we updated the 3D model in various areas. We tried to get the model to best possible fit with real car as possible. In the end, almost 70% of the model was remodeled or updated. The interior of the vehicle was vastly reworked and we added some small details which weren’t preset in Ahtoah’s version. As our modding team is evolving and improving its skills, we are trying to utilize all possible technologies and possibilities of Assetto Corsa for this mod, for example:
- fully animated suspension – moving arms, dampers, springs, steer rods
- fully animated shifting including skinned mesh on the shifter rubber cover
- custom driver steering animation to fit the custom steering wheel
- fully modeled engine with animated pulleys
- working wiper animation
This mod includes some of the “Shader Patch” features:
- working turning lights
- working backward lights
- working Windshield FX/rain support
- working odometer on the dashboard
- custom CSP animations
Sound for this mod was created from scratch by ACFan (SHR Modding).
Physics from this mod was initially created from scratch by Weron, for version 1.5 and above the physics was updated by Fuzo with help from Weron and Arch.
Main people involved in this mod:
- Roman “Fuzo” Fusaty – project management, 3D modeling, file assembling, dash and lights settings, AI tuning
- Michal “Weron” Soltes – physics specialist, data analysis and testing
- Tomas “Lumptom” Hrouda – engine modeling
- RacingtechCZ –high quality real skinpack, feedback
- ACFan (SHR Modding) – sound modding
- TheSourceOfTheNile – Nr. 65 skin, testing
- MrBraindown – Nr. 27 and 162 skins
- Arch – physics consultant
- Robert Habinak – aero implementation
- Juan Caballero - screenshots
How to setup and drive this car
Since this car is basically quite old cup car, the possibilities to set it up are quite restricted. This car is “rear wheel drive” car with rear mounted engine, but thanks to the suspension geometry it is quite easy to handle and very fun to drive. Thanks to quite big turning range of the front wheels, you can catch the oversteer and control it with the throttle pedal. Watch for tire temperatures and don’t forget about heating up the brakes. But be careful with braking, this car doesn’t have ABS system and it’s quite easy to lock the brakes.
Big thanks to Ahtoah for 3D model and for the permission to use and modify it, big thanks to all consultants, contributors and people who encouraged us and helped with feedback and testing. Biggest thanks goes to RacingtechCZ for the encouragement and for showing us the way how to bring this “beauty” to life.
Please do not modify, convert, reupload to other websites or use any part of it (physics/3D/textures/sound) without our permission.
- Before the installation we recommend to delete the old version (don’t forget to backup your custom skins if you have some).
- Extract "content" folder in the archive to your installation folder of Assetto Corsa. For example C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonssettocorsa and the mod will be placed to the right place.
- In case you are updating from previous version allow files to be updated/rewritten if asked.
- Just drag and drop the mod to CM window and click install in the “burger” menu.
- We suggest to use clean install setting for this mod.
Recommended settings for CSP users
This car utilizes various features of amazing Custom Shader patch. Config for this car was created and tested with CSP version 0.1.73 and provides these features:
- full car lightning support (high/low beam, turning lights, dashboard functional lights…)
- full rain support (working wipers)
- PBR shaders
- Custom animations – openable window (extra A binding), openable rear motor hood (extra B binding)
To make these CSP features work don’t forget to map all buttons in CM/Settings/Control/Patch!
Fixes and updates:
- reworked car aero according to data from aero simulation software (thx Robert Habinak)
- improved engine power curve according to real data
- reworked the whole suspension animations to constraint type instead of fixed animations
- fixed water temp needle missing lighting definition
- adjusted tire rims ET offsets and brake disc location in LOD A and B
- fixed tire material values
- added some animations controlled with CSP extra buttons (extra A, extra B)
- fixed and improved some materials and objects in cockpit
- fixed gear lever cover animation in interior broken at specific CSP settings
- reworked safety belt mesh to look slightly better
- some small tweaks on brakes
- hotfix for rear toe variation
- fixed front ARB setup values and range
- fixed some other values in setup screen to make more sense
- improved rear suspension geometry
- slightly improved shifting animation
- fixed some values in CSP config (thx DarkSK)
- added horn sound
- hotfix for front axle default toe value
- improved some additional textures and materials in the interior and LODs
- reworked rims and rim blur materials and textures to make color change easier (replace metal_detail_rim.dds)
- increased range of wiper animation
- reworked suspension physics to match closer real data (motion ratios, roll centers, geometry etc…)
- deleted some items which were not realistic from setup screen
- added brand new unique sounds (thx. ACFan)
- added some new CSP features (PBR materials, lights, gauges etc..)
- improved some textures and materials in the interior
- fixed internal banner not present in low res cockpit
- added some new meshes to the interior to make it a little closer to real car
- merged and optimized some additional objects in the model
- added new gear set according to ’76 homologation list (now it can go 220+ 😊 )
- rebacked the VAO patch file to make interior a little brighter
- added PBR materials support in included CPS config
- added one new real skin from the car standing in Skoda Auto Museum
- reworked car LODs from scratch to significantly increase in-game performance
- added low res cockpit for better performance
- fixed dash and bonnet cam position
- reworked headlights to look a little better
- fixed front brake discs position
- optimized some exterior meshes and UVW mapping around the mod
- added possibility to add decals to rear side windows and rear window
- fixed double texture on center window when broken
- improved dirt and damage textures
- added possibility to make metallic paint on the car
- slightly improved blurred rim mesh and textures
- from this update the track version of 130 RS will be standalone mod!
- Fixed alpha blending and alpha testing on some transparent materials
- Fixed flipped mirror mapping in both versions
- fixed issues with auto-shift in both versions
- slightly increased paddle shifting timing in both versions
- fixed issues when forced TC/ABS on
- fixed suspension animation issues for both versions
- added ride height limit for track version
- fixed internal and external windows mapping
- fixed skinned mesh on gearbox lever on track version
- fixed gearbox lever animation issues on both versions
- fixes some minor issues with tyre config files
- improved interior mapping and added AO texture
- improved/optimized some textures across the whole mod
- initial public release of Skoda 130 RS