- 2.0 Version
- 197 Download
- 0.00 KB File Size
- April 5, 2019 Create Date
Company BENET, s.r.o. presents Octavia Cup, a single make trophy of identical circuit racers. Based on 3rd. generation of Skoda Octavia RS made in 2015, this project aims to follow in its predecessor footsteps by offering a high-value sports event that is not only interesting for the audience, but also helps young talented drivers to enter the world of motorsport.
About the mod
This mod is the updated version of well received Octavia Cup 2018 mod for Assetto Corsa created by former ACCentral.CZ Modding team. As our modding team found new identity and new experience in modding, we improved this mod in various areas. We fixed a lot of small or big issues pointed out by our users during the first 6 months of its existence, we added some features which were missing in first version and improved some areas of physics, 3D model and game performance. We had the possibility to work even closer with real drivers and set the vehicle up directly with their help and direct guidance, as some of them are simracers as well. They were able to give us the best possible feedback we could dream of. In the end, version 2 is as close to real thing as Assetto Corsa allowed us to make. We hope you will enjoy our mod as much as we enjoyed making it.
The development of this mod started in 5/2018. As there was no proper 3D model of Skoda Octavia Cup available, we decided to use scratch made commercial model of Skoda Octavia RS, which was then vastly modified with author’s permission to suit our needs. The whole interior, rims, tires and lot of other small or big details were remodeled and textured from scratch by our team. The whole physics, overall car behavior and sound was built from scratch as well. During the process of creating this mod we even received permission to use “Skoda” logo from the actual car manufacturer – Skoda and permission to use Octavia Cup logos from the real cup representatives.
To create the 1.0 version of this mod took about 6 months of developing, learning and testing. We drove more than 10.000 virtual kilometers at testing this car before first release. The number of hours invested to this mod is unknown. At the moment of releasing v.2.0 there was gathered more than 5GB of working data and 60 iterations of the main 3D Studio MAX file.
Main people involved in this mod:
- Roman “Fuzo” Fusaty – project management, 3D modeling, file assembling, dash and lights settings, AI tuning
- Michal “Weron” Soltes – physics specialist, data analysis and testing
- Tomas “Lumptom” Hrouda – interior and accessories 3D modeling
- Mach77 – sound modding
- RacingtechCZ – Virtual OC skins, physics guidance and testing
- Joshuax VGOS – tire model tuning and testing
- TheSourceOfTheNile – real Octavia Cup skins, testing
- Trewor – additional 3D modeling
Our main goal was to recreate the real Octavia Cup car as close as possible. But still, there are some Assetto Corsa limitations which forced us to make compromises in some areas.
Some highlights of our mod:
- physics created with help of real drivers
- accurate 3D model
- working door and wiper animations
- shader patch support (WindscreenFX, TyresFX…)
- engine protection system simulation – “limp mode” turns on when engine revs hit limiter
How to setup this car
This car is not easy to drive at all. It doesn’t have Traction Control and ABS system. As this is the front wheel drive car, you can experience a lot of understeer as you would expect from this kind of car. But be aware of the rear as well, because this vehicle is very light in the rear and prone to quite big oversteer when not treated right during cornering. The base setup of this vehicle is usable for most situations but suffers from slight oversteering. To stabilize the rear of the vehicle, try to lower rear ride height and increase rear toe setting to positive values. This car was intended to work without tire blankets so you have to do 1-2 laps to get the tires and brakes to working temperatures (depends of your session settings). The biggest grip window should appear around 5th lap, after this point tires start to degrade slowly. Try not to overheat and abuse the tires as they will loose grip and the overall performance much faster. This car uses Ohlins dampers where 0 is hardest and 20 softest setting, don't forget it while setting the dampers.
Map pack included in this mod is a custom track map dashboard texture for tracks from real Octavia Cup series 2018. To use it just copy desired texture to your skin directory. You can take advantage of this texture and put whatever you want on the dashboard, even photo of your family. J
Thanks to 3Dstarving for 3D model, big thanks to Mach77 for sound, Foli for documentation and feedback, real drivers Petr Cizek and Petr Fulin for testing and feedback, Joshuax VGOS for helping with tires tuning and testing and of course thanks to the whole ACCentral.cz community for their support and help with testing and every other person who helped with the project 🙂
Please do not modify, convert, reupload to other websites or use any part of it (physics/3D/textures/sound) without our permission.
- Just extract both "system" and "content" folders to your installation folder of Assetto Corsa. For example C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonssettocorsa
- Allow files to be updated/rewritten when asked.
New Octavia Cup v.2.0 mod file structure and main directory was changed. We highly suggest to remove whole Octavia Cup mod v.1.1 (acc_octavia_cup directory) before installing version 2.0. because without removing old version you will have both versions with the same name in your car list.
Fixes and updates:
- tweaked dampers (fast bump/rebound)
- tweaked ride height
- fixed tire overheating in certain conditions
- tires now should last longer
- added "overrev protection" (if you hit limiter engine cuts power)
- tweaked downshift time and clutch behavior according to real car
- added better damage textures, improved damage map texture
- fixed model height in showroom/CM showroom
- updated cockpit mirror mesh according to real car
- reworked interior mesh, mapping, textures, overall interior material quality
- optimized mesh density, topology and mapping of center console and other interior parts
- removed SKODA OCTAVIA logos from car trunk and the dashboard
- added some additional small details inside and outside the model
- reworked inner windows reflection texture
- reworked overall windows mapping and materials
- optimized materials and textures across the whole mod
- reworked driver steering and shifting animations
- fixed some minor issues with door animations
- added real Octavia Cup skins
- added custom skins from Virtual Octavia Cup (ACCentral.cz) championship
- added damage effects to motor hood, lights, windshield, side mirrors
- small AI tweaks to improve overall AI performance
- added possibility to hide window safety net in car setup
- fixed and improved roll cage mesh and mapping
- reworked rim blur textures and rim meshes (optimization, new AO maps, new mapping and textures, rim mesh)
- added rim blur and rim diffuse texture templates to template pack
- updated black and red rim textures in template pack and default skins
- fixed wrong front brake calipers position
- improved sound levels of power and coast engine sound, some additional sound finetuning
- some additional material tweaks across the whole mod
- fixed forced TC and ABS issues
- improved AI, now AI drivers should be a little more challenging
- reworked front cooler area and materials to cast proper shadows
- fixed different MAP filenames for custom MAP files for body, rear wing and interior
- fixed window decals priorities and overlapping
- some minor tweaks of materials across the whole mod
- initial public release of Octavia Cup mod